Rightmove Help Centre
Go back to Rightmove.co.uk

Have a question about Rightmove?

Can you change the type of ownership of the property?

In short, yes.

  • You can change Tenancy in Common to Joint Tenancy, for example if you get married and want to have equal rights to the whole property.
  • You can change from Joint Tenancy to Tenancy in Common, to leave your share of the property to someone else. For example, if you’re separating or getting a divorce.
  • You can also change from sole ownership to Tenancy in Common or Joint Tenancy, for example, if you want to add your partner as joint owner. This is called Transferring Ownership.

Did you find it helpful? Yes No

Send feedback
Sorry we couldn't be helpful. Help us improve this article with your feedback.
Can’t find what you’re looking for? We’re here to help. Get in touch